Everything You Need to Know.
38TH ANNUAL SAN JOSE FOUNTAIN BLUES & BREWS FESTIVAL
Plaza de Cesar Chavez
1 Paseo de San Antonio, San Jose
This year’s 38th San Jose Fountain Blues & Brews Festival features: Grammy Award Winner Charlie Musselwhite; Blues and Rock Hall of Famer Elvin Bishop with his Big Fun Trio; Lydia Pense & Cold Blood; JC Smith Band; and Grammy Nominated Lady Bianca. Over 40 craft beers and Southern-style eats including: Poor House Bistro, Nita Bee’s Tasty Desserts, Sid’s Smokehouse, El Differente Loncheria, Falafel Fresh, Tuk Tuk Asian Fusion and Zoom Caffe (coffees). June 22, 11 – 8 PM, Plaza de Cesar Chavez, San Jose. GA tickets are $20.
The South Bay’s longest running music festival boasts the best in national, regional and local talent. Below is this year’s line up (run times subject to slight changes), more details and ticket link at: fountainblues.com
M = Main Stage
B = SJZ Boombox Truck “Blues & Beyond” Stage
11:15 – 11-45am: San Jose Jazz U-19s (B)
Noon – 12:45pm: Lady Bianca (M)
12:50 – 1:10pm: Noah and the Arkiteks (B)
1:10 – 2:10pm: JC Smith Band (M)
2:15 – 2:35pm: Casey Wickstrom (B)
2:35 – 3:50pm: Lydia Pense & Cold Blood (M)
3:55 – 4:15pm: Barely Funktional (B)
4:15 – 5:45pm: Elvin Bishop & Big Fun Trio (M)
5:50 – 6:10pm: Magick Blues Band (B)
6:15- 6:30pm: Special “Ode to Ted” and presentation by San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo for the late FB&BF Founder Ted Gehrke (M)
6:30 – 8pm: Charlie Musselwhite (M)
The Fun continues with an after party at The Studio at Poor House Bistro, featuring Mighty Mike Schermer. Your Festival wristband provides free admission – 21-and-over venue.
Enjoy Craft Beer selections from these Breweries who help support the blues through their amazing brews:
Shipyard Brewing; Bruery; Coronado; North Coast: Anderson Valley; Stone; Fremont; Drakes; Santa Clara Valley; Deschutes: Cali Craft; Lagunitas ; Lost Coast; Hermitage; Golden Road; Gordon Biersch; Little Creatures; Seismic; Modern Times; Altamont; Allagash; Mission; Sierra Nevada, Stem Cider
Thanks to San Jose Viva Parks, the Luna Chalk Art Festival and San Jose Earthquakes, the fun zone will include corn hole and giant Connect 4 games, soccer kicking and interactive chalk art – all adjacent to the fountain.
Plus enjoy shopping the arts and vendor zone featuring jewelry, hats, tie dye, art/sculptures, music and t’s.
- No coolers or outside food and drink allowed, unless you have sealed non-alcoholic beverage in plastic bottles (no glass, hydro flasks or cans) or have a doctor’s note regarding dietary restrictions.
- GA ticket holders: We recommend you bring your own lawn chair as there are limited chairs in this area. Low-back, beach style chairs and blankets are OK – no large umbrellas or canopies.
- VIP ticket holders: We will have padded folding chairs with backs for you. No outside shade umbrellas or canopies allowed. We will have plenty of shade in the VIP area.
- If you require ADA access, we will have a designated area at the front of the VIP area (to the right of the stage), with a dedicated entrance for those in wheelchairs, walkers or assisted by one guest. Enter through the “exit/staff only” gate near the fountain that is half way inside the park on the east side. This is directly across from Fairmont Hotel where a pullover loading zone will be provided. Address: 180 South Market Street, San Jose. Be sure to have your pre-purchased ticket handy to exchange for your wristband.
- Free bike valet will be provided by Silicon Valley Bike Coalition near the main entrance from 10:30am until 8:30pm, plus low cost transit drops off within a few blocks from the venue at the VTA Civic Center of Paseo de San Antonio stops, schedule found here: org
- Nearby parking options to Plaza De Cesar Chavez can be found at org
- No pets Service dogs must have proper ID.
- All bags subject to search. No backpacks allowed.
We’re looking forward to a great day. See you Saturday!
- VTA has two nearby light rail locations (Civic Center and Paseo de San Antonio stops) www.vta.org
- San Jose Diridon Station – CalTrain is a 20 minute (0.8 mile) walk from the Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park www.caltrain.com
- Silicon Valley Bike Coalition is providing free bike valet services.
www.parksj.org highlights nearby garages and rates.