Fountain Blues Foundation VIP Fundraiser Party
September 24, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Share this post:
About the Event
Thank you, Poor House Bistro Studio, for hosting this very cool Fountain Blues Foundation Fundraiser Party. Proceeds support the following Foundation goals:
- Provide a platform for blues musicians to find live music performance opportunities, in a time of diminishing opportunities
- Expose the broader music community to the blues, encouraging young artists/audiences of all ages to learn about the genre
- Create opportunities for musicians to find mentorship and music industry experiences that can promote professional artistic growth
- Partner with local venues/merchants to promote the blues art form
- Support economic development in San Jose by including local venues and merchants in Foundation programming
We have a great lineup!
- Maxx Cabello Jr. Band 7:30 – 9:00: The American music flame will never go out as long as artists such as Maxx Cabello Jr. take the torch and keep it burning. This amazing guitarist, soulful vocalist, and prolific songwriter, hails from the streets of the San Francisco Bay area where he is turning heads and bending the ears of the most jaded veteran musicians and music aficionados. Straight out of the South Bay, this quiet-spoken, polite college student turns into a powerful and captivating artist when he begins to play the guitar. We expect his star to be on the rise in the musical sky before long.
- JC Smith Band 5:30 – 7:00: J.C. Smith Band brings you an electrifying musical experience. With music ranging from Jumpin’ Blues to Old School Soul, this band can whip the most conservative audience into a crazed dancing machine. Over the years, the San Jose native has emerged as a top Northern California bluesman who combines smooth, soulful West Coast vocals with stinging guitar work marked more by grit than virtuosity. He performs with his high-energy seven-piece band on Saturday evening at Sly McFly’s.
- Gary Smith & The Houserockers with special Guest Andy Just 3:30 – 5:00: In January 1980 Gary Smith joined the Houserockers as the front man and leader. Overnight the Houserockers became the in demand blues band in the greater San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas. Gary Smith & The Houserockers play a mix of blues styles, ranging from the Chicago blues sounds of the 1950’s and early 1960’s, to the jump blues and swing blues sounds from Texas and the West Coast, the piano driven sound of New Orleans R&B.
- Sweet HayaH 1:45 -3:00: Lead vocalist, Nehal Abuelata, emphasizes that her love for music first began as an adolescent curious about finding who she was as an individual. She began hosting small shows for her family where she performed dance routines, and incorporated lip-syncing, role play, as well as acting. Nehal exemplifies that Sweet HayaH is not conformed to one solo genre, but a rather split mix of Retro-Soul, Reggae, Funk, and Earthly Rock, with a hint of Afro-Latin uniqueness.
- Jefe Meduri & The Poor House Band 12 – 1:15: For years, Jeff Meduri’s Poor House Band has been the house band at the Poor House Bistro, playing groove heavy rhythm and blues with a touch of rock, country, and jazz thrown in.
Fountain Blues Foundation, a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization, is organized to preserve and promote the blues in Santa Clara County. Learn More
No host food from Poor House Bistro’s New Orleans style cuisine.
Advance general admission tickets are $75 and include two drink tickets and a Ron Thompson CD.
September 24, 2022
12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
About the Venue
Poor House Bistro Studio
We love to spotlight talented musicians here at PHB and we are one of the only venues here in Downtown San Jose offering FREE, LIVE MUSIC DAILY! Stop on over and enjoy some great Cajun food and a brew.
We like our blues cool & our food tasty-hot!
The Poor House Bistro offer the best New Orleans Cuisine this side of the “Big Easy.”
Our Namesake is derived from the classic New Orleans sandwich called the Po Boy (Poor), served inside a Victorian family home (House), turned into a restaurant (Bistro). We also serve Muffaletta sandwiches, seafood fry, grilled burgers, pasta and salad that are delicious! Our cooks are among the best at delivering tasty dishes in lickety-quick speed and they love to make your taste-buds happy!
Quick Link: Poor House Bistro Studio