Diunna Greenleaf Band
June 17 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
About the Artist
Living Blues Magazine’s 2015 Female Artist of the Year – Diunna Greenleaf – is a native Texan (Houston) with a dynamic musical background steeped in Southern soul, gospel, blues and jazz, with influences like Koko Taylor, Aretha Franklin, Rosetta Thorpe, Sam Cooke, Charles Brown and her parents (Gospel singers Ben and Maya Ella Greenleaf). Known for riveting live shows, that take fans on an emotional roller coaster ride, Greenleaf’s accolades further attest to her popularity and International notoriety:
- 2017 and 2014 Winner of the “Koko Taylor Award – Traditional Blues Female” at the Blues Music Awards (BMA)
- 2012 BMA Nominee for “Koko Taylor Award – Traditional Blues Female” and “Traditional Blues Album”
- 2009 BMA Nominee for “Traditional Blues Female Artist of the Year”
- 2008 BMA Winner of “Best New Artist Debut” and Nominee for “Traditional Blues Female Artist of the Year”
- “Trying to Hold On” album reached #1 on XM/Sirius Radio Bluesville Chart; #1 on French Blues Charts; #1 on Living Blues Charts (Dec. 2012) and the top of Blues charts in the UK, Australia and U.S.A.
Diunna has performed throughout the U.S. and Internationally, sharing the stage with legends such as Willie “Pinetop” Perkins, James Cotton, Odetta, Percy Sledge, Gary Clare, Jr., Keb Mo, Bob Margolin, Hubert Sumlin, Smoking Joe Kubek, Bernard Allison and numerous others. Her commitment to the Blues goes well beyond performing, serving for years as President of the Houston Blues Society (HBS), starting the first HBS Founder’s Day and one of the founders of the Friends of Blues Montgomery County. She continues to spread the gospel of the blues to to an up-and-coming generation of music lovers through the HBS Blues in Schools programs and Artist in Residency programs for universities.
Get inspired by videos and downloads of Diunna at: www.diunna.com
Click here for more info about the 40th San Jose Fountain Blues & Brews Festival.
Share this post:
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
About the Venue
Plaza de Cesar Chavez
Plaza de Cesar Chavez is situated on over two acres in Downtown San Jose. It is a popular place to hang out as it is located near museums such as The Tech Interactive and the illustrious San Jose Museum of Art. The park regularly attracts visitors with its musical performances and festivals. A stroll through the park is complemented by beautiful water fountains, flower beds, and even an open-air theater. If you are planning to visit the nearby museums, be sure to set aside time to explore this lovely park area. You might even catch a popular food festival or unique performance.
Quick Link: Plaza de Cesar Chavez